STAR has decided to cancel all in-person meetings, including any council-related events, such as the Texas Reuse Tour, until further notice.
We are working with the Reuse Council, the tour locations and hotel and will reset the Texas Reuse Tour for this summer. We will keep members and attendees apprised of any new developments through email and postings on our website.
We ask that registered attendees:
Cancel their individual respective hotel reservations to ensure reservations are canceled accurately.
If you have a paid registration, we are offering the following options:
Please join the STAR Reuse Council for the 3rd Annual Texas Reuse Tour, this year visiting San Antonio, April 30 - May 1!
What? 2020 STAR Reuse Council tour of San Antonio! Join us for the 3rd Annual Texas Reuse Tour, as we spend 1.5 days visiting local reuse businesses, sharing knowledge and networking among reuse professionals from across the state. For the first Texas Reuse Tour, we checked out awesome businesses and buildings in Houston, and last year we had an amazing time visiting multiple locations involved in reuse in Ft. Worth. This year, we head to San Antonio, home of the Alamo, to scope out the fantastic people and places involved in material reuse!
When? Thursday, April 30 (all day) and Friday, May 1 (half-day)
Who? Professionals in the reuse, circular economy, or zero waste field, students, or any other individuals interested in expanding their reuse knowledge.
Why attend? Last year we had over 20 professionals from across the state gather in Ft. Worth. Come discover what San Antonio has to offer and what ideas you may be able to bring home!
Where are the tours?
- Tour 7+ reuse businesses of varying size, function, and mission to understand challenges, successes, operating processes for each business
- Exchange ideas and network with professionals from private and public sectors involved with reuse activities
- Hear from participants in a reuse panel during lunch on April 30
- Brainstorm with industry professionals on adaptive reuse, growing reuse and art, and other topics
- Goodwill San Antonio
- H-E-B Recycling & Redistribution Center
- Project MEND warehouse
- Estela Avery Education Center at Confluence Park + Spare Parts/Mini Museum (onsite)
- Pearl Brewery Complex
- $50 for STAR Members
- $60 for non-STAR members
What's included in registration?
- All-day transportation on April 30, an opportunity for continued networking throughout the day, tours of multiple reuse businesses, and lunch.
- May 1 access to additional reuse tour locations in the morning via self or carpool transportation (recommended); lunch is not included on May 1.
Traveling from out of town? We have a small room block for attendees at the El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel for Wednesday, April 29th, and Thursday the 30th, with check out on May 1st. The special rate is $105/night. Reservation details will be announced soon!